What is Hivemind?
Hivemind is a Peer-to-Peer Oracle Protocol which absorbs accurate data into a blockchain so that Bitcoin-users can speculate in on-chain Prediction Markets. Such markets can revolutionize the emergence and diffusion of knowledge in society, by “making Cheap Talk expensive”.
Click the one which describes you:
- I’ve never heard of Bitcoin before and have no idea what’s going on.
- I’m familiar with Bitcoin 2.0 projects.
WARNING: The “Hivemind ICO”
Please disregard any message you may read about a “Hivemind ICO”. These messages are all fabrications. These are written by fraudsters. Hivemind is in R&D stage, and this notice will be removed when that changes.
Anarchapulco – Feb 2019
This 20 minute talk covers the most important material.
TABconf – Jan 2018
A 45 minute talk on the “why” of this project (slides here):
“Hivemind may be the most important invention since Bitcoin itself.”
“I’d give it a low chance of success, but at least it’s clever crazy rather than stupid crazy. :)”
“Hivemind is a real project with interesting use cases. It’s great to see them using sidechains - anyone with Bitcoin can participate in their markets.”
“I’m very optimistic about the feasibility of this project.”
The PM Sequence
- Why do this?
- The Power of Prediction Markets
- Applications and Use-Cases
- Prediction Market Myths
- Manipulation of Prediction Markets
- Non-Usefulness of Prediction Markets for Assassination and Crime
- The Sumner-Hanson Quartet (xlsx, pdf) – With a minimal effort and start-up capital, this would allow regular citizens to very precisely measure, prove/broadcast, profit-from, and repair mistakes made by a central bank. As a side effect it allows sound money and stable-valued money to peacefully co-exist.
- Rent in San Francisco – The concept of “Futarchy”, explained via one very short blog post.
- What is Hivemind?
- Outcome Resolution
- Ending the Age of Bullshit
- My (mostly related) talk at the Montreal Scalability Conference
View the most-recent roadmap.
Be sure to check the blog!
Check out the web’s best Bitcoin blog.
My Twitter Office Hours are 5-6 PM, and while riding in elevators.